Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Day 23

Today was long and frustrating. I played over 20 sngs and about 5 mtts. I started the day playing 3 sngs, and again I didnt pretty well. I was back to what I put in orginally and up $50 on the day. I took a break then played about 7 or 8 with mixed results. In these I think I got 1 1st and 1 2nd to put my down a bit. Then I moved down in stakes because I was betting really anrgy and didnt wanna lose my money playing poorly. I played like 8 $5 sngs and two mtts I did okay.... but still just cant seem to win and coin flips to cash, its getting pretty ridiculous. After these im up about 25 on the day still.... not so good for playing 5 hours. I decided to play two more $10's before I go to sleep and one mtt. One of the sngs I made a bad play and lost, but the other two were much gayer. In the mtt I got down to the bubble and pushed with JJ, AK ends up calling. Flop comes J93 I hit trips.... turn 10...... river Q, im like wow but it happens so whatever i guess. Then immedatly after im on the bubble shortstacked on the sng, I push allin with AA with about ten BB's. Guy in SB snap calls with 107 offsuit ??? Flop comes 42K.... turn 7...... river 10, WTF!!!! This REALLY pisses me off. Today could have been really good but I had about 8 bubbles out of 20sngs. While I didnt play the best today I gotta win some coin flips to make a profit and today I just couldnt. Couple that with a few horrible beats, and im fortunate to be even today.

Tip of the Day:
If you seem to be taking alot of 4th and 5th places you should be a little move aggressive around the bubble. Its one thing to take 4th and 5th places by people calling your rasies or allin's but quite another to be taking these 4th and 5ths getting close to blinded out. Remember if you are pushing with around 8-10 BBs people are much more likely to fold than if you have 4-6 BBs. If you get down to 4-6BB you have to push with almost anything, while sometimes you might finally catch a huge hand, more often than not youll be pushing with Ace rag or worse and are likely to get called with hands like A8+, k10, kj, kq qj and you will at best only be a slight favorite. Now if you are pushing with marginal hands in late position with around 10BBs than the A8, kj exe.... arent very likely to call. If you do get called your probably only a sight underdog most of the time and unless they have a monster you probably at least still 35%+ to win. Plus THEY have to make the call first, put the pressure on them to call all or a large portion of their stack with marginal holding. If they fold to your push you increase your stack by around 25% which will let you see a few more blinds and hopefully catch that monster when people think your shoving too much. Disclaimer...... Since Ive started this blog this hasnt been working for me as you can tell by the posts but throughout my online poker playing days it has been profitable

No comments: