Thursday, November 13, 2008

Day 24

Did horrible on a test today, needed to play to make me feel better. Today was an up and down day. I played about 12 sngs and 3 mtts. The multi's that I have been playing have been low stakes only like 5 or 3 dollars. Im really trying to manage my bankroll well because the tournaments are much bigger on this site and the players are also better. That was the one thing that was good about AbsolutePoker, alot of the players were terrible. But its not worth risking getting ripped off again so Im done with them for good. Anyway havent had any big cashes in MTTs but Id say im about even on them. Anyway today I started out pretty horrible not cashing in my first three. Then I got a 2nd but had a heart breaking hand. I had AA heads up and rasied to 600 he called. flop comes 10104 he checks I check. Turn comes J he checks, at this point for some reason I a little wear of the 10 but bet 800 anyway, he calls quickly. River comes 10, he bets out 1400. At this point I have to think I have the best hand unless by some gay reason he has a ten so I shove, he snap calls and shows j10..... im like WOW obv has the 10. But after this I played really well, I feel like im plaing pretty good at this point and end the first session up $50. I take a short break then play a few more this goes pretty bad no cashes, 2 4ths and a 5th. All of these I was playing great in, one of them I ran into a big hand, the only two had pretty bad suckouts. First one was AA to AK preflop..... he flops straight. Other one was JJ to A10. I this point I feel like I should be up money but im not. I decide to play 2 $5's and a $10 Horse before bed. The Horse sng I got 2nd and the 5's I got 2nd and 3rd. So I finish the day up $50 plus I got $20 released from my bonus so im actually up $70, not too bad but still no break through day, just a grind.

Tip of the Day: DONT SLOW PLAY ACES EARLY IN SNGS (for me anytime really but early in tournaments especially)!!! As simple as that. While it is reasonable to limp in with AA early position early in the tournament hoping to get raised so ou can rerasie, but for the most part just make a god sized bet. Why? With a large rasie this will eliminate the hands that typically crack AA such as 56 78 suited, J10 and small pocket pairs. The hands that will be calling a big raise should be good hands. Hopefully for you A something or any large pocket pair. If you limp in or min raise you are likely to get more than 1 caller. Then once a flop of 567 or 10J7 or any hand that has two same suits or straight possibilites, your AA doesnt look so good. While you are probably still ahead ou will probably going to have to overbet the pot and win it right there or risk letting them outdraw you, and after these flops it is hard to fold AA. So save yourself the trouble and just raise at least three times the BB, remember its better to win a small pot than lose a big one. Save the slow play for later in the tournament when you know your opponents better

No comments: