Sunday, November 16, 2008

Day 28

Today started out really well. I played three sngs and took 2 1sts and 1 2nd. The second I lost allin preflop Aj to a8 too. I have been playing a few HORSE sngs and they have been going quite well. Out of the 5 or 6 that I have played I havent cash only once and that was a 4th. The players at this table just seem to take too many risks early in the tournament. By the time the blinds and antes are big I usually only have to win one big hand and Im in the money. The second session I did ok. I did lose in a mtt preflop close to the money AK to A3 though. My last session didnt go so hot. I lost the Horse in 4th, took 5th in sng 55 to a10. Then took 5th in the last sng AK to AQ.... runner runner spades for a flush yuck. I did however do pretty well in the last mtt I played. It was only a $3 entry but I was chip leader fairly early. I didnt get much for hands for a while and lost the few times I tried to make plays with marginal hands. Down to ten player I was pretty short stacked and had to double up once to make the final table. Then I caught trips with an allin and checked it down to the river the some fucking retard went allin..... there were flush cards out so I folded figuring he had to have made his hand if he bet with that board and someone allin. He shows A rag obv and I miss out on a huge pot. Im so pissed, so go to final table short stacked instead. I get lucky and double up twice to get to the chip average with 7 left. I rasie once and get pushed so I have to fold then get blinded down to 5BB's check the flop after someone limps. I hit middle pair and push after he bets, he shows middle pair and I take 6th weeeeee $14. Anyway still a decent day up $60

Tip of the Day: Quick tip. When someone min rasies in early position early in the sng beware of AA or KK. More often than not when I have a good hand they always seem to AA with the min rasie play. If you raise their rasie then they go allin, id fold. In fact stay away from people that do this unless you can see a cheap flop with a hand that can bust AA KK like 78 56. Otherwise just fold and wait for better spots

No comments: