Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Day 11

Wow today was quite the day, and I even ended it early. I had a minor meltdown today. It started after my last class today I came home and enrolled in 4 sngs. Nothing real bad happened there I ended up breaking even. So then I decided to play some cash games for a bit... big mistake. I sat down with 20 on two tables. Played for a bit and got up to 40 on one table when I got pocket aces. I rasied two 2 and got two callers, the flop came j104 the first guy to act bet out 1.50 the other guy called and I rasied to 7.50 becasue I thought he might have kq, he called the other guy folded, this was suspect. the turn came 8 this time he checked and I bet half the pot, he instantly shoved allin, I had to call he turned over q9. This sent me into an angry mode. I played 4 turbo sngs immediatly and lost in all of them, now I was really pissed, so I decided to move up stakes to 20's.... not a good idea. I played three of these and made two terrible calls to lose in two of them and bubbled in the last one. At this point I wanted to jump through a window or just play a 100 sng. I calmed myself down, and looked at my bankroll, I was down to 500 ahhhh. I REALLY wanted to play more but instead I decided to cash out 200 and go back to my orginal roll of 300 before I did anything else stupid. So back to the drawing board I guess, but still up 200 overall.

Tip of the Day: This brings me to the tip of the day. When you are on tilt, QUIT. Dont move up in stakes and dont continue to play, you wont win. When your on tilt you going to make bad plays and calls you normally wouldnt make. I know its tough to quit when your down but it is the best option. I dont think I have ever won any money when Ive been on tilt, bad things just seem to happen. If you absolutely HAVE to play, move down in stakes until you calm down. Moving up in stakes in the worst idea, trust me I do that stupid shit way too much.

No comments: