Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Day 4

FINALLY, I shipped a tournament. Im done early today becasue I wanna end on a good note. Started the day just playing 2 sngs at once to see if I could get back on track. I also entered a $5 MTT with about 240 people in it. I played a $20 and a $10. The $20 i took 3rd, horray, and other one I didnt cash. I entered two more 10's with bad results again, by now Im really frustated and my bank roll is below $200. I decided I was gonna eat something and just be done for the day. Right when I thought it was over I doubled up a couple times and was in the mix in the MTT. I grinded for the next hour and a half and won a few more pots and was among the chip leaders with about 15 people left. My break through came when I had AJ in the small blind with two limpers, I just called and BB checked. The flop came 42J, everyone checked to the cutoff who bet about half the pot, the button instantly went allin. I wasnt too sure if I had the best or not but it was a great opportunity for me to gain triple my chips if I was good. I called cutoff folded and the button showed qj, and my AJ held. Now I had about 100K in chips and was big chip leader going into final table. The FT went pretty quick, I sucked out on one guy with 7 people left with A10 to Kings, but I had to call him was getting pot odds and had 5 times as many chips as him. At this point me and another player pretty much had all the chips on the table. We ended up heads up. Alot of back and forth, they were a tight aggressive player. I stole some pots from them with some big rerasises after they bet and ended up even in chips after about 15 min. Then I had one crucial hand. They rasied preflop and I called I had 54 offsuit. Flop came 24J, they bet out, I rasied big hoping they didnt have a J, the player flat calls. This was alarming because now I had about 30% of my chips in the pot. The Turn came 9 they checked and I put another bet out about 35% of the pot, they pushed allin, I knew I had to fold. I took a long time deciding on it to make it seem like I was making a tough laydown lol. They acutally showed me their hand when I folded they made trip 9's on the turn. I told them I folded j10 lolololol. Now they had a 3 to 1 advantage on me, a few hands later I dodubled up pushing with AJ they called with KJ, we were even again. After a back and forth for the next 10 min, the final hand happened. They rasied me preflop I had A5 clubs, I just called. The flop came K48 two clubs, they bet out I made a big rerasie OBV and they just called. The turn came 5 no club, they checked. At this point I had about 50% of my chips in the pot already and they showed weakness. I really only have two opitions here, check or move allin. If I check and dont hit the club I almost surely lose unless I somehow make a bad bluff on the river. If I move allin either they fold right away and I win a huge pot and have huge advantage or I get called and have about 14 outs on the river. I put them on a King so I figure I can either hit another 5, any Ace or any club. I push allin, they call showing k7 of diamonds. The river comes......... club horray!!!!!! I win about $120 more dollars from that club. While they were pissed off, they did call with a weak king and I feel like I made the correct play, and FINALLY got rewarded for it. Shipped $330 from that tourament, and have a nice profit from the day on just a $5 tournament. I needed this for my confidence, it is back now

No comments: