Monday, October 20, 2008

First day

I have been playing cards online now for about 4 years. I just recently started playing seriously (about a week ago). I am still in school but I graduate this sememster, so before I get a job I thought I would give this a shot. I play mostly SNG's like 4-6 at a time and am trying to build a bankroll. I just recently cashed out about $1000 because I had tons of bills to pay. So my blog will start from yesterday when I deposited $300, this is my last go at it I think. Since I just decided to do this I didnt really take notes on yesterdays play, but I'll give the quick run down. Played about 10 sng's $10 for each. Didnt do very well, only 1 first and 1 2nd no other cashes. Had some bad beats, then started to play bad because I was angry. I took a break then played 5 more, again I did badly only 1 3rd. After another break I was down to about $220 in my account. If you follow good bank roll managment I should be moving down to the $5 tables, but I didnt. Played 4 more $10 tables, got two firsts. Then ate and played 4 more $10's and got two more firsts. While I was playing these I entered a MTT for $10 there ended up being 72 people in it. I was done playing sng's for the day and was ok with the $306 I had in my account. I just kinda hung around in this tournament til the blinds got big then I pushed with two good hands and doubled up twice. I folded for about the next 45 min (card dead) then got down to about 14 people at second break. I was shorter stacked and was looking for a spot to push, but some people where playing crazy and all the sudden I was at the final table, top 9 cashed so that was sweet. I was in 8/9 place and in push or fold mode. Someone pushed on me when I had kings and doubled up. Folded a bunch got short stacked with 6 left someone pushed on my BB from SB I had A3 with only 7BB left so I kinda had to call. He showed 55 and I hit the A, sweet. Got down to final 3. First had 70,000 I had 20,000 3rd had 10,000. 1st was rasing every hand. He rasied allin from button into my BB I had AQ, I thought about it for a while because 3rd place was $90 while 2nd was $145 so it was a big difference, but I could really fold that hand there. I called he showed pocket 10's and I didnt hit the A or Q. I won $87 and my bank account is at $393.

No comments: