Sunday, October 26, 2008

Day 8

I again only played 6 sngs today. In the early session I took 2nds out of three to put me up on the day. Later I played three and lost the first 1 in 4th place after flopping nut flush. I checked dude shoved allin for about 1500 showed ace rag. Turn 4 for two pair, river ace for full house... sigh. Next one 5 people left I have pocket kings and rasie to 350, one guy calls and BB shoves I shove, he shows 3's. The flop hits a 3.... gay. Then i watched one of my friends play for a while during my last tournament and I lost about 5$ playing cash games. He is funny to watch because he berates all the players. In the last tournament made it down the the final 4 again and needed to double up shoved with A2 suited from the button, kinda had to only had 1800 chips with 150/300 blinds. Guy called with 9's of course I didnt hit. You would think I would to even things out but it doesnt work like that for me on sngs. Im thinking about quiting playing them. Ill give it a day or two more than switch to cash for a bit i think. I figure Im down about 150 since depositing on SNG's that is not good considering ive played over 100. ANyway down 20 on the day.

Tip of the day: A new feature to my blog. A common mistake I see is when players get below 10 big blinds, they either just raise of limp. When you have less than 10BB's you either push allin or fold. The closer the position you have in relation to the BB/SB the lesser hands you shove with. A10, AJ are hands that you dont wanna just limp with or rasie. If you go allin they will either have to fold or maybe call with a lesser hand. Even if they have aq or ak, you are still more than 30% to win, so it is a profitable play. IF they fold you take the pot down right there and increase your stack by at least 20%. So if you have a hand you would normally raise with and have just 10BB or less left shove, or wait for a better spot if you dont think its gonna be good enough. This will get you more 1st and 2nd places instead of just barely making the money in 3rd. Remember 1 1st is better than 2 3rd's by quite a bit.

No comments: