Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Day 9/10

On day 9 I only played 6 sngs, and didnt really run that well. I also played cash games and won a few bucks. Not much to talk about down $15 for that day. Today I woke up in the afternoon because I didnt have class (P.S I cant miss anymore class because ive been missing too much and my teacher told me I have to make every day to pass). Anyway I started playing early and played all day and night long. I played about 15 sngs total today and 3 MTTs. I started in the first session playing really well and getting very lucky. While I didnt cash in either of the MTT's I did awesome in sngs which is amazing. First time I have done this well playing sitn goes since I started this blog. I even had some sweet suckouts. The best one was I had qj in SB with very high blinds and 4 people left so I pushed the BB he called with AK. Flop came k93 turn 4 river 10 for the winning straight.... ended up winnin that one. I was up over $100 during that session. I took a few hour break and came back and played.... lets just say the the good run in sngs didnt hold. I only had 1 cash out of 5 and I took 3rd in that one from a horrible beat. This guy pushed allin and I made a call with a6 suited thinking he was trying to steal, he was he showed j6 and then he flopped a flush. I still had chips and went allin with aj next hand he called with kings. I flopped two pair and he hit a straight on the river to win, gay. I was playing a MTT during this time though and was just hanging around like I normally do. Had 1 big double up coin flip AQ to 1010 to get in the money. With 18 left I had about 5000 chips and short stacked. Shoved once with Aj no callers. A little while later with 4000 chips I had JJ in my BB, someone rasied to 1200 I pushed allin he showed 99. Flop came 9, I was like thats just standard. Then to my surprise I hit a miracle J on the river weeeee, 10000 chips. Folded for a while longer couldnt get a hand and lost a bunch of chips. Then with ten left I pushed with 5000 k10, aj called and I hit a ten to make the final table. Won a hand right away with kq to get to 15000. Then I got KK after one person limped in, I was not gonna take any chances so I pushed allin for 13000 chips 500 1000 blinds. He snaped called me and showed AA..... OBV. I took 8th out of 115 people for a really pathetic 30 cash. O well still up on the day about $60

Tip of the Day: Dont tell your opponent when he is playing bad. Alot of times when people take a bad beat from an opponent because they made a bad call on them, they will berate the player and tell them how bad they are. Often they will tell the player exactly what they did wrong. Instead of doing this just make a note of the player, this way they will continue their bad play which is profitable for you. If you tell the player when they make a mistake, they actually might listen and not do it again. You want as many bad players at your table as possible, you'll get them in the long run.

No comments: