Friday, October 31, 2008

Day 12

Today I was back to the drawing board. I only played 7 Sngs total and no MTTs so it was a pretty slow day. However I did do pretty well. In my earlier session where I played 4 I had two cashes 1 first and 1 second. My first was in 7 stud h/l, I would prefer to just play 7 stud h/l because it is probably my best game but nobody ever registers for these on this site so I mostly just stick to no limit holdem. The two that I didnt cash in kinda pissed me off becasue I bubbled in both. One of them I went allin with 9's and got called by q's and hit the 9 on the flop....obv the q came on river, sigh. In my second session I only played three but cashed in all of them, a first second and third. I even had a sweet suckout on 1 to cash 4's against 9's so that was sweet. Only play like 3 hours total to today and had a $70 profit.

Tip of the Day: Quick golden rule for bankroll management. Never risked more than 5% of your bankroll in any one game. So you have to have over $200 in your account to play a $10 game. In cash games you dont buy in for anymore than $10, which would be 15 25 cent blinds. If your new to the game and are just started I would recommend about double that or about 3% of your bankroll. If you follow this rule strictly it is very difficult to go broke, you can make it through the bad swings.

No comments: